The Rolls-Royce Enthusiasts-Club (R-R.E.C) was founded in England on 11 August 1957 by Edward Harris and other like-minded people. These enthusiasts endeavoured to safeguard the technical preservation of pre-war vehicles. As early as 1959, a spare-parts service was set up and the necessary special tools made available to club members. A regular club bulletin was published, mainly containing technical tips and tricks, services and restoration instructions.
Since 1963, the fortunes of the worldwide club have been directed by avid Rolls-Royce enthusiast, Lt. Col. Eric Barrass. Thanks to his efforts, worldwide membership has increased to around 10,000 members.
Around 30 R-R and B owners met for the first time in 1972 and in the following year, it was decided to form a Swiss section. The founding committee consisted of the section’s initiator and long-time secretary, Matti Schumacher, first president Reto Domeniconi and Tom Brahmer, now deceased. Today the section has 566 members with 930 registered vehicles. Of these, around 40% are pre-war, 30% post-war (1946 – 1965) and around 30% later models.
The active members meet every year at 24 events both inside and outside Switzerland. The club issues its own twice-yearly publication, the Alpine Eagle, containing technical reports and articles on club activities.
As the club is open to all Rolls-Royce enthusiasts, it is also possible to become a member without owning an appropriate vehicle.
Rolls-Royce Enthusiasts’ Club for Rolls-Royce & Bentley Drivers – Swiss Section
Tel. +41 (0)44 918 14 25
Fax +41 (0)44 918 14 79
» To R-R.E.C. website
Benno Th. Müller, President, Swiss Section
Arthur G. Sutsch, Chairman, Swiss Section
Members CH (31.05.2011): 643
Registered vehicles: 1044
Members worldwide: 10'000